Sunday 15 June 2014

How to Take Control of Your Goals.......

The Lovely and I have been busy getting prepared for the upcoming winter, and more importantly for me – Race For Life in a few weeks. It made me realise that if your desire is great enough, you can achieve something truly extraordinary. I work with so many people, who dream about making changes in their lives – yet when it comes down to making it happen, simply don’t do anything to help themselves. It always puts me in mind of the story about the guy who prays fervently to God to win the lottery, never winning – until he asks God why he hasn’t helped him reach his goal. God replies ‘You need to at least meet me half way and buy a ticket!’ It amazes me how many people have this mentality – they will pray, and affirm and do all sorts of dreaming, but when push comes to shove they won’t take the action required to assist in making the change occur.
All change comes from our will. It comes from a desire so strong that we won't let anything get in the way of our achieving our goal. I will be honest I have been pretty fearful a lot recently myself. I feel I am walking in almost uncharted territory for me. Re-starting my business - walking away from the potential of a well-paid, regular job, with a great pension in the voluntary sector - back into the fickle world of self-employment is a huge change, and the fact that I am not intending to go back to 'normal work' again makes it a very daunting prospect. But my determination to make it work has me learning new skills in marketing, has me working even harder with my clients to create a better experience for them, has me learning everything I can to be the best therapist I can be for all of you. I am scared stiff I will end up where I did before, when I chose to give up and go for a 'normal' job, but I am fighting that fear every moment with my will to succeed this time, to really make it work.
Now, I am not saying that what I have chosen to do has been an easy decision - even taking the decision I had to fight a lot of fear, nor am I saying that I stay courageous all day every day. I have moments, sometimes even whole days when I think myself into panic, and my will seems to desert me - but when I wake up to what I am doing I reapply my will and get going again. I use my goal - to help as many people as I can to change their own lives for the better - to spur me on. This ultimate goal keeps me on track, and is so exciting and important to me that it will work every time so I find the courage to work through my fear, instead of allowing myself to wallow in fearful thoughts (I've made the wrong choice again, I'm not good enough, I don't have the right skills etc).
So my parting question to you is this…
What are YOU allowing your fears to intefere with in your life?

What are You not manifesting because you are too scared to just take that first step over the edge, to take that leap of faith in yourself?
I am often fearful, but because I know what I want and I have faith in myself I keep putting myself out there, giving myself chance after chance to fail - and yes occasionally I do fail and I do it in splendid fashion, but I pick myself up, learn the lesson and try again  - but more often than not I succeed and I have learned that this is the part to hold on to.
One of my favourite sayings is 'Feel the fear and do it anyway', and all of my clients will tell you how much I love the marketing slogans used by Nike 'Just Do It' and L'Oreal 'Because you're worth it'. I challenge you now to make use of these phrases, or some you have thought up that are applicable to your own situation, use them as affirmations regularly over the next few weeks and start with small actions. I guarantee you will be manifesting things you were scared to dream of in no time!
I'm off to manifest a beautiful, strong and healthy body, an overflowing client list, and a holiday to Greece, oh and one of the gorgeous NYR diffusers in the ad below - wish me positive affirmations and courage, I won't need luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment