Wednesday 16 July 2014

Why I charge just a little bit more than if you went to a salon....

I have had a couple of comments on how much I charge in recent weeks, so I wanted to address this for people!

Yes, I am a little bit more expensive than many high street salons.

Yes, I am definitely more expensive than a Groupon deal.

Yes, I occasionally offer a discount or special offer - see Facebook or Twitter to find out what they are and when they are running.

No, I am not offering the same service that they are.

No, I will not just give you your hour's treatment and then hustle you out of the door as quickly as possible.

No, I will not treat you like just another customer - my clients are more important to me than that.

'I originally visited Rosemary a few years ago when a friend recommended Indian Head Massage as a great stress buster! I Googled for a local therapist and found Rosemary's site. From that initial consultation I have never really considered going anywhere else for my 'stress buster' massage sessions! Apart from being a very experienced therapist across a range of disciplines, Rosemary is always friendly, welcoming and always manages to offer the best treatment for me at the time. Although I am a paying client, I have never been treated like one. What I mean is that Rosemary welcomes me into her home and for the time I am there I seem to be the most important thing in the world, not just a number. I have attended many times and there have never been any interruptions to my treatment, and I have never felt like things are being rushed. The atmosphere is warm, calm, relaxed and professional. In short, I have nothing but positive comments for Rosemary and would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone I know!' T Barratt

I charge a little bit more because I have been working in this industry for a long time. I have spent many hours, and a small fortune on courses, seminars and books to ensure that I have great knowledge and skills.

I have chosen (it is not a requirement that I do so and many therapists choose not to be a member of a professional body because of the costs involved) to be a member of 2 respected professional bodies - The British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC), and The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT). I have also chosen to get myself on the national register of The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). In order to maintain these memberships I have to commit to ongoing professional development training and commit to their code of conduct and ethics.

I am licensed by Essex County Council and hold full public liability insurance for my therapies, products and wellbeing classes.

I use only 100% natural, Soil Association certified Organic products in all my treatments.

If I believe I cannot help you, I will say so and will try to help you find someone who can - either by direct referral to someone I know and can recommend or by giving you the list of criteria you need to consider when sourcing the right therapist for you.

I use a comprehensive approach, that means a long pre and post treatment consultation and suitable follow up advice and support - you can call me any time I am not just your therapist in your session time. I may need to call you back if I am with someone else, but you can be sure I will do that as soon as possible!

This approach can mean that even though you book for 1 hour of treatment, what you actually get is one and half to 2 hours + of my time and expertise - so in fact I am actually much cheaper than many of the salons nearby!

'Rosemary is a highly skilled and talented therapist. I went for some massage work for head, neck and shoulder tension but after a thorough consultation, Rosemary had picked up on aspects of my wellbeing - both emotional and physical which needed attention. Instead I had a myofacial release treatment which was, as Rosemary explained, better suited for my needs that day. Having never tried this treatment before, I was amazed to find how extremely effective it was after even the first treatment, and it sorted out the migraines and neck and shoulder tension so well! Rosemary takes a very holistic approach in her treatment sessions, looking at the person as a whole rather than just treating isolated compaints - which makes for a far more beneficial treatment & much more longer lasting results! Thank you so much Rosemary!' S. Titterington

And finally, I charge a little bit more because I do get results for my clients that last.

' ROSEMARY IS A LEGEND!! When I first visited her 18months ago, I was in constant pain after a knee injury 4 years previous and taking lots of strong pain killers. She asked if I wanted to be pain free & come off all my medication - my answer was YES!! I now take nothing stronger than the occasional Paracetamol, ive riden bikes & horses and have a far better quality of life. I very rarely have pain in my knee. A big big thank you to Rosemary Peck' J. Smith

And yes, all 3 of the testimonials given above keep coming back, and keep referring me to their friends and family 

No comments:

Post a Comment